Affiliate membership is offered to freelancers and
contract workers within the clinical research industry.
Affiliate Member Benefits
- As part of a Trade Organisation you will have a voice in shaping
the direction of the industry as a whole and the wider recognition
of your profession.
The biggest threat to the clinical trials industry in the UK is the
skills shortage. CCRA has been instrumental in developing and
releasing the CRA Gold Standard from Cogent Skills, the UK’s
strategic body for skills in the science industries, and is now
developing the accredited Trainer standard. It is intended to
eventually have a Chartered status for a formal recognition of the
- Discounted Professional Indemnity
Insurance. One of our founder members, Miller Insurance Services, a
leading insurance broker with particular expertise in the area of
clinical trials insurance, offers our Affiliate members heavily
discounted professional indemnity (errors and omissions) and public
- CCRA members, and their families, can benefit from very cost
effective private insurance through HMCA whose services are only
available to Association members. Insurances are not limited to
healthcare (including a Dental plan) but include e.g Travel, Income
Protection, Personal Accident etc.
- CCRA has negotiated a special rate for
Affiliate members to join the Royal Society of Medicine as a Senior
Associate Member. In the first year the joining fee (£45) will be
waived and Affiliates will have 15 months membership for the annual
fee (a further saving of £66).
- Discounted rates for CCRA seminars, events and training courses.
Our seminars and training events attract CPD accreditation.
- Discounted rates and assistance for attendance at meetings and
exhibitions in the UK and abroad.
- Networking opportunities to meet prospective clients and
employers! CCRA organises networking events both in the UK and
abroad. These events range from targeted seminars, training
presentations, informal networking nights through to our annual
summer reception on the Terrace of the House of Lords and
Ambassadorial receptions abroad.
- Discounted publications e.g. the recently published Oxford
Handbook of Clinical and Healthcare Research edited by Sumantra Ray,
Sue Fitzpatrick, Rajna Golubic and Susan Fisher
- Listing on our website in a register of Affiliate members with
contact details and areas of specialisation.
- Possibly the best until last – The opportunity to build the CCRA
Affiliate group into what the membership needs. There are no
pre-conceived ideas as to what events, courses etc. should be run.
It will be up to the membership to steer this chapter of members
through its own committees.